Real-Time Passenger Tracking & Queue Measurement
The succes of an airport, and its image, is heavily influenced by the ability to handle passenger flow smoothly and efficient through checkpoints. The more efficient the process, the more satisfied passengers.
Smartphones and tablets are products that almost everyone owns and carry around today. Smartphones and tablets have integrated Wi-Fi and Bluetooth so users are able to connect to Wi-Fi hotspots, hands-free headsets and so on.
When Wi-Fi and/or Bluetooth is switched on, BlipTrack sensors is able to track the broadcasted unique ID (MAC address), making it possible to measure passenger flow through pre-defined routes (security, check-in, immigration, passport control and more) and provide airport managers with real-time and historical data necessary for optimal resource allocation. The data enables the airport to predict and improve future passenger flows, optimize staff and equipment resource.
The solution also allows integration to signs/website – allowing passengers to be informed of the waiting times, allowing the airports to provide an optimal passenger service.
The process is non-intrusive and requires no active participation or action from passengers.
BlipTrack™ is in use at some of the world’s largest, most efficient and forward thinking airports including Dubai International, Amsterdam Schiphol & Toronto Pearson, tracking in excess of 750 million passengers per annum
Airports use the Bliptrack™ solution to:
- Provide live automated wait time information for passengers
- Reduce queue time, with more satisfied and recurring travellers as a result
- Improve ability to plan efficiently - based on statistically reliable information
- Eliminate bottlenecks based on knowledge and predictability
- Gain knowledge about how passengers move within the airport to optimise capacity
- Document how visitors penetrates retailareas and use this knowledge to optimise signage, shop locations & products
- Document the number of potential customers passing by the individual shops and use data to adjust shop rents
- Prove or disprove adherence to KPIs and SLAs with airlines and handling agents
- Understand & document queue/dwell time