- Area of operations
- Use Cases
- Case Studies
- Where we operate
- Privacy Concerns
A proven and cost-effective traffic solution
Across the globe, cities and roads are becoming increasingly congested and the need for innovative solutions to ease traffic is crucial, as the possibilities for expanding existing roads are limited.
To do so, reliable data is needed to analyze traffic flow and drivers behavior. With proven technologies like Bluetooth and Wi-Fi tracking, the cost for collecting detailed data has decreased significantly compared to traditional technologies.
BlipTrack works by placing small sensors in strategic key points in road networks. By tracking Bluetooth and Wi-Fi devices, such as mobile phones, tablets and hands-free installations in cars, it is possible to measure flow and calculate travel time.
This gives road authorities a wide range of new possibilities to provide real-time queue warning and road sign information, evaluate and regulate traffic signals to optimise flow, reduce CO2 and more, for a fraction of the price compared to conventional technologies such as camera, radar and loops.
Bluetooth and Wi-Fi technologies can be used for travel time measurement, because the technologies are now ubiquitous. More and more people use smart phones with both built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi and at the same time, more and more cars have hands-free systems installed.
How it works
The BlipTrack™ Bluetooth sensor
Compared with other traffic data collection technologies, BlipTrack™ has some significant advantages, such as cost per measurement point due to:
- Directional antennas provide a higher detection rate and extended coverage
- Fast, easy & low-cost roadside installation without distrupting traffic
- No sensor maintenance compared to competing technologies
- Measures 24/7 in all weather conditions such as snow, rain and fog
- Combined Bluetooth and Wi-Fi tracking provides high detection rate
- Measures in all traffic conditions such as in slow moving traffic (Bumper to bumper)
- Measures in multiple directions simultaneously
- Measures speed up to 200 km/h ( 124 mph.)
- Measure travel time and immediately detect congestion
- Provide real-time queue warning and road sign information
- Evaluate and regulate traffic signals to optimise flow, reduce CO2 and more
- Collect data for Origin/Destination studies
- Provide real-time traffic information for Internet, phone apps, TMC feed, radio and more
- Identify bottlenecks and problem areas to optimise and plan future traffic models
- Understand weather related traffic patterns
- Understand congestion patterns at roadworks, accidents, sports events and more